Do It Yourself
MEREDITH PC is excited to announce the launch of a new website designed to assist you and your loved ones in acquiring necessary legal documents. Over the years, we have recognized that some of our clients may only need a few documents such as a Durable Power of Attorney, Medical Power of Attorney, or a Living Will. In response to this need, we have developed a website where you and your family can obtain a limited number of estate planning documents at a lower cost than hiring an attorney to draft the documents.
This website is TxPowerDocs.com. Through this website, you can personalize and complete the following documents:
- Durable Power of Attorney - this document will allow you to appoint an agent to manage your property and financial accounts in the event you become unable to do so.
- Medical Power of Attorney - this document will allow you to name an individual to make healthcare decisions for you should you become incapacitated.
- HIPAA Authorization - this document will allow doctors to share medical information with individuals specifically named by you.
- Designation of Health Care Agents for Minors - this document will allow you to name an individual to make healthcare decisions for your minor children in the event you are unable to make health care decisions for them.
- Directive to Physicians (Living Will) - this document will allow you to communicate your wishes regarding medical treatment upon illness or injury.
- Doctor's Certificate of Incapacity - this document is used by an attending physician to declare that a patient is disabled, incapacitated or incompetent.
Each document costs $35. We also offer discounts for purchasing multiple documents.
We hope this document assembly website, TxPowerDocs.com, will be a benefit to you and your family. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.